Mendham Country Day School's
W. Paul Rogers Scholarship Fund
Full Academic Scholarship Opportunities
The Mendham Country Day School ("MCDS") is pleased to announce that two full tuition scholarships will be awarded for the 2015-2016 school year, for new students who are interested in its elementary grades 4-6th grades.
Recently celebrating its 25th anniversary, MCDS is an independent, co-educational school located in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. Our students benefit from a small classroom size and a rigorous curriculum focused on academic, artistic, and character-building programs.
MCDS offers an exciting and invigorating curriculum for its students. Students contemplating an elementary education at MCDS can expect:
* Academic Excellence. MCDS offers a curriculum that challenges its students to reach the levels they deserve, rather than what is assigned by state requirements. Our students are learning at a grade-level above our public school peers, with a focus on traditional competencies in Math, Science, Reading and Writing, but at accelerated levels that meets each students' abilities and interests.
* Foreign Language Experience. Elementary students participate in weekly courses in both Mandarin and Spanish, as well as cultural studies and international lessons.
* Excellence in the Arts. With a full-time Arts teacher, our students benefit from accelerated teachings in music (both instrumental and vocal), as well as the visual and dramatic arts. Elementary students are required to participate in weekly lessons in instruments; in the higher grades, students may elect to study the instrument of their choice. Furthermore, all students are encouraged to participate in several artistic programs throughout the year, including our Art Show, Winter and Spring Drama Performances and Choral Concert.
* Athletic Exposure. Students are given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of sports from tennis to golf and even swimming. Mendham Country Day School partners with local facilities to bring their students the best coaching staff possible. The school works with Basking Ridge Country Club, Mendham Racquet Club, as well as the Somerset Hills YMCA to bring students a wide variety of athletic opportunities.
* After School Flexibility. MCDS offers after care for its students, at reasonable rates, until 6PM. Students may either enroll for after care every day, or parents may elect to use after care occasionally. Furthermore, for additional fees, students can participate in exciting after school clubs in subjects such as music and drama, visual arts, international language and culture, and a wide range of athletics. For example, students this semester can elect to participate in the Robotics Club, Tennis, and the Drama Club, among others.
Please see the attached description of this exciting scholarship opportunity. Please direct questions to Sandy Perlman or Barbara Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908.766.3323.
Mendham Country Day School is offering two complete tuition scholarships to exceptional students entering into either 4th or 5 th grade in September 2014. The scholarships will be renewed each year, given the child has continued academic success, until the child graduates 6th grade.
Click here for the Scholarship Application.
All scholarship applications are due by April 10, 2015
Process for applying for the scholarship:
Please submit all applications to:
Mendham Country Day School
204 Morristown Road
P.O. Box 167
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920